Lakky Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic is committed to protecting your privacy. We assure you that any information you provide using our website or when you visit Lakky Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We have recently reviewed our policies and procedures to ensure that the handling of patient data fully complies with the new General Data Protection Regulations which come into force on 25th May 2018.
What information do we hold?
We hold a combination of personal contact and medical information on patients.
Contact information includes the following:
- Full name and date of birth
- Contact address
- Email and telephone numbers
Medical information includes the following:
- details provided by a referring GP or consultant
- details provided by Medical Insurance Company
- clinical notes compiled by the physiotherapist
- information collected directly from the patient through our consent form and consultations.
We do not collect or store any bank or credit card details at any time.
Why do we hold data, and how do we use it?
The information held is strictly for the purpose of clinical care of our patients, and therefore in the legitimate interest of providing safe and effective healthcare.
Communication information is used to arrange appointments, send reminders, request feedback/reviews and to respond to any patient enquiry.
Medical information is held as secure and confidential medical records to document and track treatments. This may include:
- Referral by your GP or consultant
- Relevant medical history and documented conditions
- Assessments carried out by your therapist
- Details of each treatment, with associated outcomes
- Exercise regimes prescribed as part of your treatment
- Discharge reports
How long will we hold information?
As part of legislated best practice, we are obliged to hold records for a minimum of 7 years following treatment. At that point any physical information held will be securely shredded, unless relevant to ongoing treatment.
Who might we share information with?
Information will only be shared with other medical professionals involved in the provision of medical care to your GP, consultant or private medical insurance company.
A discharge report of treatment and outcomes will be sent to your GP upon request.
Lakky Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic will not provide data to any third parties unless we are compelled to do so by law. We will never sell data for marketing or analysis purposes.
How do we ensure the security of information?
We, at Lakky Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic, ensure the security of patient data, and all our employees adhere to our confidentiality and security policies.
All electronic data is held in secure systems requiring a secure login and password.
Paper-based information is held within our secure clinic environment, which is locked outside clinical hours. Any information transferred outside of the clinic will be by the secure encrypted email system.
What are my rights to the information held?
Under the new GDPR legislation, the patient’s rights to the data held have been enhanced to:
- The right to be informed – you have the right to understand what type of information is held and how it is used.
- The right to access – you have the right to see your personal information held.
- The right to change your personal information– it is important that information we hold is correct and updated, so please inform us if contact details change.
- The right to eliminate– whilst GDPR allows the right to have your personal information deleted, there is an exemption with regard to clinical information as it is in patient’s best interest.
- The right to restrict processing – we do not carry out any processing on the data we hold